Features and Advantages
- Easy to use – To be pre-mixed with cement and then mix with water.
- Compatible with both gray & white cement.
- Economical solution for tile fixing with less cement slurry consumption.
- Good adjustability time with high water retention even at elevated temperature.
- Greatly increases pot life, open time & workability ensuring higher speed of tiling with very less wastage.
- No hollow sound behind tile due to high spreadability & coverage.
- Improves adhesion & bond strength with self-curing property.
- Low VOC – For healthy living.
The substrate must be cured, undamaged, compact, rigid, resistant, dry and free from any debonding agents and from damp rising.
- New concrete slabs shall be damp cured and 28 days old before application which will reduce the shrinkage from tile fixing surface.
- Expansion joints to be provided & filled with suitable sealant.
- Don’t cover expansion joints with thin set tile adhesive/ tile.
- Ideally leveling bed / Machan should be prepared using Water: Cement : Sand : Water in the ratio of 0.4 : 1 : 6 (it can vary as per requirement).
- Roff Tile Bonder to be mixed with cement / cement & sand.
- For Cement- sand bedding (machan), mix 300 gms of RTB in 1 bag cement (50 Kg) and add this fortified pre-mix (mixer of cement & RTB) with sand in the ratio 1:6, or any other ratio as per industry best practices.
- Add water to saturate the mix enough and bring to the desired levels and consistency. Water dosage can be decreased / increased depending upon cement and sand available at site to achieve the desired consistency for application.
- For Tile or Stone laying over the Leveling Bed : Mix 300 gms of RTB in 1 bag cement (50 Kg) and add this fortified pre-mix (mixer of cement & RTB) with required water. Mix it thoroughly, to make a smooth, flowable, lump free slurry.
- Allow the mix to stand for 2 minutes before using it.
Apply either cement slurry or fortified RTB+ cement slurry over the base slab
- While the coat is still wet, evenly spread the mortar/ machan over the area to be covered by cement bedding (machan). Compact the mortar well, while leveling the bed.
- Proceed with tile laying using wet-on-wet method with RTB+ cement slurry.
- Pour the mix described above, over fresh screed, and spread the slurry to a uniform thickness of 1 to 2 mm. Carefully place the tile onto a wet, sticky slurry.
- Use spacers, to leave enough space between tiles. The joint width shall be as per the recommendation of architect / engineer.
- Stroke the tiles using a rubber mallet, to level the tiles, and ensure the tile is perfectly embedded in the soft screed.
- It is good practice to lift an occasional tile after fixing, to verify that the required contact is being achieved.
- If the slurry is skinned over, remove the slurry and replace with fresh slurry.
- If necessary, tiles should be adjusted within 5- 10 minutes of installation.
- Carefully clean off any excess slurry from the tiles and joints with a damp sponge or cloth before it sets.
- Leave for at least 72 hours before grouting. Remove the spacers before grouting
- For highly absorbent natural stones which may form a wet patch when adhesive is used, it is recommended to use suitable Roff Impregnating sealer on all sides.
- Only 300 gm to be mixed with 50 Kg bags of cement & add this mixture in water.
- Coverage will vary depending on thickness of leveling bed and the mix proportion used to make the leveling bed.
- Slurry coverage would depend upon the porosity of the substrate.