Non-Shrink Tie Rod Grout
Non-ferrous, cement-based, specially developed, non-shrink gun grade grout is non-shrink tie rod grout. This high-quality cementitious grout is affordable and offers the benefits of low water usage and medium to high compressive strength. For general-purpose building site applications where the emphasis is mostly on ease of application, Non Shrink Tie Rod Grout should be specified. Anti Shrink Tie Rod Grout is offered as a dry, powdered product that is ready to use and only needs water to be utilized in a variety of applications.
- Used for filling up tie rod openings.
- Filled using high strength gun, ensures full bonding and ceiling with concrete.
- low viscosity enables easy flow, fills up all pores concrete within RCC members.
- Non shrink and expandable nature ensures complete tightness
- Early strength gain
- Zero sagging allows it to hold and bond to the base concrete.
- Chloride free
- Non-ferrous – no staining
Method of Application
- Clean the Tie Rod/wall tie holes/gap / opening to be filled and remove loose unsound concrete particles, dust, oil, paint, grease, waterproof coating etc. from the entire hole/gap and gap/hole should be free of all contamination which hinders adhesion
- Saturate the substrate with water to prevent absorption of water from the mixed material by flushing water inside the holes to be filled.
- Add around 80% to 85% of the predefined amount of water in the mixing vessel to powder slowly under continuous mixing. Preferably use a slow speed mixer. Keep mixing for 2 minutes. Add a balanced quantity of 15%-20% of mixing water and again mix for another 2-3 minutes to form a homogeneous, uniform consistent workable mix.
- Now fill the Cement Mortar Caulking/Grouting Gun with the above prepared workable mix fully and use a suitable Nozzle provided with the Gun which will exactly be compatible with the Tie Rod opening.
- Start filling the Tie Rod/Wall Tie holes with the above workable mix from one end by applying required pressure using Cement Mortar Caulking/Grouting Gun till the mix travels smoothly throughout the hole by filling entire space in the hole and is seen reaching the other end of the hole without excessive ooze-out from the other end.
- Now remove the Gun from the first end and finish both the ends perfectly using flat thapi so that both the ends are level in line with the parent surface.
- The above same procedure should be followed for filling all other Tie Rod / Wall Tie holes.
- The Mix should be used within the prescribed pot life
6 months from the date of production if stored in original, sealed packaging and in places protected from moisture, sun exposure and frost.
Free flowing grey powder
Max. Aggregate Size
Water : Powder
Gunnable: 23 ± 2%
Initial Setting Time
Final Setting Time
Fresh Wet Density
1900 ± 100 Kg/m³
Flow on Table
180 ± 20 mm @ 0.25 W/P Ratio
Compressive Strength ( BS 1881 & IS 4031 part 6)
> 7 N/mm² (1 Day );
> 18 N/mm² (7 Days);
> 50 N/mm² (28 Days)
Pullout Bond Strength
> 5.5 N/mm² @ 28 Days (IS 2770)
> 5.0 N/mm² @ 28 Days (ASTM C 438)
Expansion @ 28 Days
Nil (ASTM C 940)
Layer Thickness ( Single Pour )
Minimum 1/2" (12.7mm)
Maximum 3" (75mm)